Thursday, March 17, 2011

Greenbelt Park Bicycle Rack

IMG_20110317_114638 (1)


The Greenbelt Park Bicycle Rack was created by Jill Turman in 2002. It reminds me of the magic trick from Cracker Barrel that I solved once but could never remember how I did. It serves its intended purpose quite nicely, with the added benefit of being a climbing structure for kids. I don't know if that was intended but If I was a little one I would be climbing all over that thing! I'm sure that plenty of events take place throughout the year at Greenbelt Park but the only one that comes to my mind is the annual Outdoors, Inc. State Cyclocross Championship. Keep in mind if you want to ride here you have to climb the Auction Street Bridge.

Here's how it racks up:

Form - Artistic
Function - Pass
Environment - The rack's form does not seem to mimic its surroundings.
Points of Interest - Greenbelt Park, Harbor Town, Miss Cordelia's, Pizza & A Movie, Paulette's, etc...

And yes, the river is very high in that picture.

1 comment:

myshoeshurt said...

i really like this rack!