Many of you have seen Driven Magazine in the shops around town and some of you probably met Terie when she covered the New Gears Alleycat. Terie phoned me the other day and wants to do a feature on fixed gear riding in Memphis. We've scheduled an interview/photo shoot for Thursday May 28th at 9pm at the Young Avenue Deli. That means get your bike fresh'd. If you won't be able to make the big group photo shoot but still want to participate I've got some questions from Terie that you can email to her:
QUESTIONS FOR DRIVEN MAGAZINE’S FIXED GEAR STORY!!!
PLEASE ANSWER THEM AND E-MAIL YOUR ANSWERS TO: TERIEB@DRIVENMAGAZINE.NET
THANKS, AND I’LL ASK MORE QUESTIONS AND TAKE PHOTOS WHEN I SEE YOU ALL AT YOUNG AVENUE DELI NEXT THURSDAY NIGHT AT 9PM!
1) Who are you? Name (or alias), age, day job?
2) How’d you get into fixed gear cycling?
3) How often do you ride your fixed gear now?
a. I ride it in alleycats and other events
b. I ride it every weekend.
c. I commute to work and some other places when the weather’s nice.
d. I don’t own a car. My bike is fused to my feet.
e. Other: please explain
4) Tell me your favorite thing about fixed gear biking.
5) Tell me your least favorite thing about it.
6) In a sentence or two or four, describe the culture that surrounds fixed gear cycling…for example, if someone rides a fixed gear bike, they also probably:
7) What else do you have to say about it? Let loose!