Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Next Level

I started the bike rack map as a way to showcase the artistic racks found around town as well as give people an idea of the plethora of places to which one can ride a bike. It's been a tremendous project and one that has been a lot of fun; after all, I get to ride my bike and take pictures, two things I really enjoy.

If this sounds like I'm stopping the project then I've got you fooled. What's happening is that the City of Memphis is taking over the project; building upon what I've started!

It's a big project. Believe me, I've been doing it for a while by myself. For this phase, though, the City is seeking volunteers to help with the project. Per an email from Kyle Wagenschutz:

If you are interested in becoming part of a team of volunteers that will be working to locate, map, and document the current availability of bicycle parking in the City of Memphis, please consider meeting with us on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 from 5:30pm-6:30pm at Republic Coffee, 2924 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN 38111 (in the back meeting room). Please respond to kyle.wagenschutz@memphistn.gov to RSVP your attendance.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

vic said...

A member of the Bike To Work committee we just go started forwarded me Kyle's email. I'll be there tomorrow!