Friday, August 21, 2009

Cool Movie!

Thursday, August 27th, 7:30pm

art_copy_poster

I think creativity can solve anything...ANYTHING

Art & Copy is about advertising not just as an oversaturated industry full of cheap ploys to make you consume, but as a life force of creativity that just works because it catches the feeling just right.
As a wanna-be creative person myself, I can become so amazed (and jealous) when I see something that I love-without even knowing it existed until I saw it through a perfect execution of art and creativity.
This film chronicles the movers and shakers of advertising who have made us fall in love with milk and tennis shoes, and explains what could be better, why it isn't better, and why some advertisers can sell almost anything.

"It's about understanding how a tag line like "Just Do It" was developed and why it worked"-Daniel Fienberg, The Fein Print

"If there is such a thing as soul in a slogan, you will find it here, in the words, images and ideas of the finest Mad Men in the business."-Graham Leggat, San Francisco International Film Festival

No comments: