Friday, May 20, 2011

Live Blogging on BTWD

Check out the new page at the top - Bike To Work Day 2011. Trying something new. Will periodically be updating that page throughout the day with whatever I deem necessary. Hopefully it will make you say, "Ooh, I want to go to there."

--Ride your bike downtown tonight! Plenty of bike parking at the warehouse and at the powerhouse across the street. If you have to drive there is car parking at the farmers market pavilion.

Bike To Work Day 2011 014


--Trophies for Bikesploitation. I just realized I uploaded a lot of pics in a smaller size. Bear with me for a day or two, I'll try to fix it soon.

IMG_20110520_112451Bike To Work Day 2011 010Bike To Work Day 2011 033


--So this would probably be better if I could have a steady wifi connection that way you could get some real "up to the minute" updates. As it is you have to wait until I find somewhere that I can actually pull out the computer. So here's what you've missed so far: Marty making a smoothie, Phil Jones, and Sam Dunn with Drag'n Frozen Treats. Orange Sorbet. Delicious. After I got it everyone said they like the lemon better so I'll definitely try it tonight at Bikesploitation!

More photos on my flickr.

IMG_20110520_083113


--We've checked in at the Church Health Center and the Farmer's Market Pavilion (above). We're taking a break at Bluff City Coffee right now. I'm not drinking coffee today - it's a diuretic, and I don't know where I can make pit-stops today.

Huey's tagged on as one of the sponsors for BTWD. Odd, since they don't support bike lanes on Madison Avenue. (they do have a bicycle rack at their Madison Avenue location...) Maybe they are changing their mind? Hopefully...

--Due to a scheduling conflict the bicycle expo has been moved to Civic Center Plaza. (Where the fountains shoot up out of the ground.)

No comments: