Sunday, May 1, 2011

S. Main / G. E. Patterson Bicycle Rack

IMG_20110428_173928So yeah, a pretty generic name for this bicycle rack. There are so many shops right in this area that I didn't want to be unfair to anyone by naming it for another shop. As you can see from the photo the bicycle rack sits right between Delphinium, a long-time South Main resident and Hoot + Louise, a newbie to the area specializing in vintage dresses.

But those shops aren't the big name you think about when people mention this corner. It's not American Apparel, either. The honor goes to Arcade Restaurant, Memphis' oldest cafe. Sure you can get a damn fine breakfast there but what really makes me salivate are their pizzas. Large, loaded, New York-style pies. Don't get me wrong, I'm a regular at Memphis Pizza Cafe. The Arcade pizza is more of a treat because they close early. I think I might have to make a special trip when a beautiful day comes along.

Here's how the rack racks up:

Form - Artistic (Jill Turman)
Function - Pass
Environment - Memphis Rack!
Points of Interest - Arcade Restaurant, Earnestine & Hazel's, South Main Arts District

No comments: